Autodetect is a feature that permits to assign an .exe file to a certain profile and apply the config while the application is in focus. You can choose several .exe files for a profile, but you can’t choose one .exe file for two profiles. Autodetect is a part of a Basic license, and is available during the 14-day trial period.
To add the .exe files, you need to follow these steps:
- Pick the profile you want to enable Autodetect for
Click on the Associated apps link in the upper right corner. Or you can open the contextual menu of the game profile, and pick Edit. The following window opens:
Click on Add .exe file and browse for one. To add it to the list, click on the needed application. Repeat this step if you want to add more apps
Once you’ve added all the needed .exe files, press Save to keep the changes. You can edit this list anytime, you just need to repeat the steps starting from the second one.
Note, that some games may have multiple .exe files in the folder, and it may confuse you what file to add to the list. We recommend adding all of the .exe files, just to make sure you add the right one.
Another way to find the needed application file is:
- Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del and pick Task Manager, or simply press Ctrl+Shift+Esc
- Launch the game you want to assign to your profile, and wait till it shows up in the Task Manager list
- Right-click the game name to open its contextual menu, and pick File Location
- Now you can copy the address, then perform the steps above, and paste the address to the search window to simplify the process. And then just pick the needed .exe file.
To assign the configs to the .exe files, you need to follow these steps:
- Open the profile that you have added .exe files to
- Check the list of added .exe files, and add some more if necessary. Click the checkbox to enable Autodetect for associated apps. Now you can assign the configs
Pay attention to the Slot drop-down list, and the Radar icon near it. That’s what you will need to use to assign configs. Pick the needed config, then pick the Slot you want it to apply to when the chosen application is in focus, and press the Radar. Now you will see the small notification about where this config will be applied:
If you didn’t choose to Remove applied config from slot on exit from the associated app in Preferences, the config applied by Autodetect will stay applied until another config with Autodetect will apply to the same slot. The option is checked by default, so the config will be removed from slot when you switch to any other application.
We strongly recommend using Autodetect for multiple apps. For example, one config for Desktop, and another one for a game. If you play multiple games, you can assign a single config for each game, and one for Desktop with mouse and needed shortcuts. Thus, once the game is minimized, the Desktop config will be active, and when you’re back to the game — the config for the game will be active.
You have a Desktop profile that can be helpful in reWASD after the installation. In case you have deleted it, you can download it from reWASD Community anytime.