Shift mode is a feature that permits to create up to 4 overlays with different mappings. Each of them is assigned to the Shift modifier and while you press and hold, or toggle that button, the overlay with other mapping is active. Shift mode is a part of the Basic license, and is available during the 14-day trial period.
To create a new Shift layer, follow these steps:
- Add mappings to the main layer
- Press the Shift 1 icon to open the overlay
Note, that the color of mapping will change according to the chosen overlay: Shift 1 — red, Shift 2 — green, Shift 2 — blue, Shift 4 — purple. While the main mappings will stay yellow.
- Now pick the Shift modifier, the button that you’ll need to press and hold, or to toggle. Toggle Shift can be enabled while the Rapid Fire feature is purchased, or if it’s trial is enabled
- Add mappings to the Shift.
Note, that if you don’t assign any mappings to a certain control inside the Shift overlay, it will reproduce as a mapping from Main layer.
- If you don’t want the button inside the Shift layer to reproduce at all, pick Do not inherit option from the reWASD mapping drop-down list. If you have added any mapping to sticks or trigger zones, and you don’t want them to reproduce while the Shift overlay is active, you’ll need to open the Stick settings inside the shift and pick Do not inherit for the zones as well
- Press Apply, and you’re good to go. Now, when the Shift modifier is pressed and held, or toggled, your main mappings will change to another set.
Note, that you can't change axis range in Shift layers for Sticks.
If you add multiple Shift modifiers, you will need to deactivate the currently turned on Shift layer, go back to main, and then turn on another Shift overlay.
If you add a Toggle mapping to the Shift overlay, you will need to activate the Shift layer both to turn the toggle on and off. Learn more about how to stop all macros from reproducing.