Shortcuts is a feature that permits to assign any kind of mapping to the controller button shortcut. You can choose two, three or four controller buttons that will take part in the shortcut and activate the chosen mapping. To activate the shortcut, you need to press all the buttons simultaneously. Shortcuts are a part of the Basic license, and is available during the 14-day trial period.
To add a new shortcut, you need to complete the following steps:
- Click on the Shortcut icon that is on the top of reWASD window
- Press Add to create the first Shortcut. Add 2, 3 or 4 elements that will activate the mapping
- Now edit the mapping and add the description if needed
Note, that to activate Toggle mapping, you’ll need to press the Shortcut once. To deactivate it, you’ll need to press it once more. Same with Turbo mapping: to make it work, you’ll need to press and hold all the buttons that activate this shortcut.
- Now the first shortcut is created. To edit the Shortcut, press Edit icon on the right of a Shortcut, or simply press the Shortcut itself.
All the buttons that participate in shortcuts are shown in the main interface with a Shortcut icon:
If you press a certain Shortcut icon in the main interface, you will be redirected to the list of all the Shortcuts, and the button you have clicked will be chosen as Filter. This Filter drop-down list serves for displaying the shortcuts that include a certain controller button.
Make sure to check the Shortcut press time in Preferences. The longer time you set, the more reWASD waits until you press all the buttons required to activate the shortcut. Let’s say you have created the shortcut made of four controller buttons. That means that if you are going to press the buttons one by one, the Shortcut press time will start counting down after each button is pressed and held. And as a result, the mapping reproduces if all four buttons are pressed before Shortcut press time runs out. On the other hand, if you have a regular Single press mapping on the button that participates in a Shortcut, it will take that mapping longer to fire because reWASD counts down the Shortcut press time.
Shortcuts can differ in Main and Shift layers: when you create the shortcut in main it is inherited to the Shift overlay. To change that, do the following:
- Go to Shift overlay, and press the Shortcuts icon
- Add the same Shortcut you have in Main
- Add the needed mapping (that differs from the one in Main), or pick Do not inherit if you don’t want this shortcut to reproduce
- Press Apply and the config is ready to use.