When you open reWASD the first time, you will see this window:
To start creating the new layout, you need to Add a profile. Open the burger menu in the upper right corner and choose Add to create a new profile for the game:
- Set the Game name: define how the profile will be named
- Add a Boxart: choose the background picture. Usually, the screenshot of the game looks good
- Associated apps field is inactive because there’s no config yet. You can assign *.exe files later by editing the previously added Game Profile
- Press Add to finish the creation of a profile. The config creates automatically.
Now you will see the Main workspace:
Config is a configuration file that keeps data about all the mappings you have added and other modifications. You can Save or Share the latest modification of a config by pressing the corresponding button near the Config name. Each Config has a contextual menu, which includes:
- Save — keep the changes in the config file
- Clone — duplicate the chosen config
- Share — upload your config to reWASD Community
- Rename — change the name of a config
- Delete — remove the selected config
Autodetect associated apps checkbox enables/disables autodetect for the chosen profile. You can edit the list of Associated apps by pressing the link in the main interface, of open the contextual menu of a certain Profile, choose Edit, and choose Add .exe file.
Virtual controller type icon displays the type of a controller that will be used for virtual controller mappings.
Shortcuts icon opens the shortcut menu. To go back to the Main interface press this icon once more.
Shift overlays open the new layer for your mappings. Don’t forget to set the Shift Modifier first.
The list of available configs is situated next: you can navigate through the created configs by using this list. You can see Controller, Keyboard, and Mouse by default. The nomenclature of available configs can vary depending on the Group of devices.
The main device image is situated in the center or the main window. To assign a mapping, pick a device button, and then choose the mapping itself. You can hook both controller and keyboard buttons to make this process faster.
- Gamepad front buttons
- Gamepad back buttons
- Additional mouse buttons
Virtual input device settings is the tile that permits to change the settings of emulated devices.
The list of connected devices is shown in the bottom left corner. If you press the icon of a gamepad reWASD will send a slight rumble to your controller to locate it.
Slots and the name of an active config are shown in the center of the main window. You can eliminate the active config by pressing the cross near it.
Preferences icon permits to open Preferences and tune reWASD settings.
License icon opens the window where you can manage your License.