To learn more about the interface, and all the functions that are available in reWASD, please check out this video:
To start creating the new layout, you need to Add a profile. Open the menu in the upper right corner and choose Add to create a new profile for the game:
- Set the Game name: define how the profile will be named
- Add a Boxart: choose the background picture. Usually, the screenshot of the game looks good
- Associated apps field is inactive because there’s no config yet. You can assign *.exe files later by editing the previously added Game Profile
- Press Add to finish the creation of a profile. The config creates automatically.
Now you will see the Main workspace:
- Save — keep the changes in the config file
- LED settings — manage the LED settings for a certain config. These settings override the LED settings in Preferences.
- Clone to... — duplicate the chosen config
- Open file location — see the config file in its storage folder
- Share — upload your config to reWASD Community
- Rename — change the name of a config
- Delete — remove the selected config
Save — keep the changes in the config file Share — upload your config to reWASD Community Print — create a PDF or print your layout physically Turn read-only mode on to avoid accidental changes in your config
Slots drop-down list permits choosing what Slot do you want to apply the config to; or to assign the config to a certain Slot while using
Autodetect associated apps checkbox enables/disables autodetect for the chosen profile. You can edit the list of Associated apps by pressing the link in the main interface, of open the contextual menu of a certain Profile, choose Edit, and choose Add .exe file.
Shift overlays open the new layer for your mappings. Don’t forget to set the Shift Modifier first.
Virtual controller type icon displays the type of a controller that will be used for virtual controller mappings.
Shortcuts icon opens the shortcut menu. To go back to the Main interface press this icon once more.
The list of available configs is situated next: you can navigate through the created configs by using this list. You can see Gamepad, Keyboard, and Mouse by default. The nomenclature of available configs can vary depending on the Group of devices.
The main device image is situated in the center or the main window. To assign a mapping, pick a device button, and then choose the mapping itself. You can hook both controller and keyboard buttons to make this process faster.
- Gamepad front buttons
- Gamepad back buttons
- Additional mouse buttons
Virtual input device settings is the tile that permits changing the settings of emulated devices.
Vibration settings is the tile that allows changing Rumble settings for currently selected controller.
reWASD Junior icon opens the menu where you can get to Google Play store to download the Companion app
Detection mode icon turns on the Device Detection mode, and displays the active devices when you press the buttons on them.
Help icon expands the list of possible places where you can get support.
Preferences icon opens Preferences and permits you to tune reWASD settings.
License icon opens the window where you can manage your License.
The list of connected devices is shown in the bottom-left corner. If you press the icon of a gamepad reWASD will send a slight rumble to your controller to locate it, unless Send rumble to the gamepad... option is turned off in Preferences.
Slots and the name of an active config are shown in the center of the main window. You can eliminate the active config by pressing the cross near it.